Published on January 27th, 2013 | by Kieran Mackintosh0
Pantheon The Legends: A CCG Based On Greek mythology
Ah, Greek mythology, you’ve been a source of inspiration for many a game over the years — and today is no exception. Chinese developer RedAtoms has recently released its new mobile game based on said mythology, titled Pantheon The Legends — now available on all iOS devices.
Pantheon The Legends is a card-collecting game (CCG) designed around social interactivity and strategic gameplay. With a campaign from which to learn the basics and a massive online scene, this CCG has a number of features to attract player, and hilariously exaggerated Western-Asian influenced artwork show off the game’s visual aesthetic. Guilds, teamwork, PvP, rare items, and weekly in-game events are but a few activities players can keep themselves occupied with.
Even though the game’s trailer doesn’t show any gameplay, it does show off the game’s artwork. It also provides a glimpse to the sort of humour to be expected from the game. Players will be drawn in with its visual style and stick around for its vast online community, according to a statement by RedAtoms’ CEO:
Still not quite swayed? Well, here’s a list of features that might just persuade you (courtesy of the official press release):
- Striking, humorous art design fuses Western and Asian styles to bring players an unforgettable twist on Greek mythology;
- Simple pick-up-and-play mechanics let anyone jump in and start having fun;
- 100+ cards with up to 4 stages of evolution – and that’s just the 1st release…
- Travel through a rich and creative storyline in your quest to rule Olympus;
- Battle other players alone, or band together and form the ultimate guild;
- One-of-a-kind guild battle system intertwines social and strategic gameplay deeper than ever before on iOS;
- 10 Treasure Cards (at launch) based off famous items in Greek mythology, such as the Golden Fleece and Pandora’s Box;
- Strategic skill activation system provides challenge for card-battle veterans;
- Weekly in-game events, competitions and surprises!;
- Balance is key – revolutionary guild system makes the game fun for both free and paying players
If Pantheon The Legends tickles your fancy and you’d like experience it, then rush on over to the App Store and download your own copy for free! For more details on the game you can pay a visit to its website. If you’re interested in knowing what RedAtoms is up to then you can follow them on Twitter, or like them on Facebook.